CITY COURT OF HAMMOND
303 EAST THOMAS STREET
HAMMOND, LA 70401
Your COURT APPEARANCE has been set on the date on your citation.
To plead guilty/pay prior to court date:
- Mail payment (money order or cashiers check) to the City Court of Hammond, 303 East Thomas Street, Hammond, Louisiana 70401. Include ticket number and driverís license number with payment.
- Pay in person at City Court of Hammond, 303 East Thomas Street, Hammond, Louisiana 70401. Cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Debit Cards, money orders and cashier checks are accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Pay online at www.hammondtix.com or 1-800-701-8560
To contest your ticket:
- You must appear at the City Court of Hammond on your assigned court date as shown on your citation.
- For all citations, except those involving an accident or driving under the influence (DUI), the officer will be present in court and you will have your trial on that date. This is a One Time Court Appearance.
- If you wish to have witness(es) subpoenaed to be present, you must furnish names and addresses IN WRITING to the City Court of Hammond, 303 East Thomas Street, Hammond, Louisiana 70401 at least 15 days prior to your court date.
The following offenses CANNOT be paid in advance and YOU MUST APPEAR IN PERSON ON THE DATE SHOWN ON YOUR CITATION:
- Operating the motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances (DUI)
- Exceeding the speed limit by 15 mph or more
- Exceeding the speed limit in a school zone
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Driving with a suspended license
- Drag racing
- No Proof of Compulsory Insurance
FAILURE TO APPEAR OR TO PAY TIMELY WILL RESULT IN THE ISSUANCE OF A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST, WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES AND THE ASSESSMENT OF ADDITIONAL PENALTIES